Wednesday, March 28, 2012

My Sciency Fair Project


Hello Graphic #84
Photo 1

        Today we are going to talk about something very special. My science fair project! My project is What is the fastest way to cool soda?

Photo 2
     Well, people think that project is very simple, but it isn't. There is so much math involved and science. To get specific we are going to talk about why I chose this topic, what did I go through when I did this project, and how did I feel when I presented to the judges. Lets start!

Photo 3
     This wasn't my first science fair project. I've done many projects before.  I chose this project because I thought it could help me in the future. If it is a hot day and you left your soda outside what do you do. What is the fastest way to cool it? The ways to cool it were the freezer, refrigerator, ice only bath, and ice water bath. I thought the fastest way to cool soda is the freezer because cold air is on it. You never know?
Big red animated dancing question mark moving picture
Photo 4
I also chose this because I like physical science experiments. We have 3 choices of science experiments physical, environmental, and biology. I've always been in to physical, but I don't know why? I'm a physical type of guy.

Photo 5
   
      Now we are going to talk about what I went through doing this project. It wasn't that hard set up the project because I already have a fridge and a freezer. I just had to put ice in a cooler and ice and water into another cooler. The hard part was taking all of the temperatures of each two sodas in each device of cooling. I still did it though I got really sticky because of the freezer an the refrigerator I had to do all of that 4 times. Imagine how sticky I was.

Photo 6
      Well, this is what you have been waiting for. The cooling device that cooled the soda the fastest is the ice water bath.

Photo 7
     In last place it the refrigerator.


Photo 8
    Time to talk about how I felt when I presented to the judges. When I presented it was easy. I just presented and it was easy. He didn't ask me any questions. He was kind've mean. I was saying "Conduction is" and then he cut me off saying "Good job, now leave". I was sad.

Photo 9
     So then Mr. Sellers said "I don't like these judges were going to get new ones." I was so happy." My new judge was all happy and joyful. She said, "You did very good overall." I know she is a science teacher and all, but that was in proper grammar. I never mentioned that to her though. So if I had to rank myself of course I would give myself 1st place, but I would leave ranking to the judges.

Photo 10
    This year I think I did good. There wasn't any hard things about my project. Sooner or later I can maybe go to the Google Science Fair and win, but that is unlikely. Hope you had a good time reading about my Sciency Fair.


Photo 11

1 comment:

  1. WOW JULIAN you did really good I have no bad comments, oh and you're pictures were cool.

    ReplyDelete